Sunday, August 4, 2013

Uncommon Kindness Part 3

I was the recipient of kindness!! At Target (yes, I am always there) Dean had to go potty.  However, he refuses to use the women's room and insists on the boy's potty every time.  I kept trying to coax him into the ladies room when a guy came out of the men's room and in Dean ran, before I could catch him.

I'm sitting next to a stroller (with my purse) and have a baby strapped to me in the Ergo carrier.  The girls are already in the bathroom.  So, I waited.  And waited.  Finally, I asked a gentleman, on his way out of the men's room, if there was a blonde 4 year old in there still (well, I knew he was, unless there was a stall to Narnia in there).

"Yes, he's playing now." the man responded.  "Want me to get him?"
"Would you mind?" my face lit up - yes, that was so nice!!

He emerged a moment later with my son, squeezing the owie on his hand (no, I still don't know what he managed to do in there to get hurt).  "Can we use the women's room just to wash your hands?" I inquired, but Dean refused.  The guy, who was with a woman, overheard and offered to take him back into the men's room.

I realize, as I write this, how creepy that sounds.  But truly, he was a very nice guy helping out a frazzled mom. His wife waited and chatted with me a minute, right outside the bathroom door.  They emerged a few minutes later with clean hands! Yay!  This guy's help totally made my day!  So shout out to the man who took the extra time in his day to help me and my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment