Friday, August 23, 2013

Cheesy Lasagna Roll-Ups

Cheesy lasagna roll - ups -- today I made a couple meals for a family who doesn't eat meat.  I realized we don't go meatless often enough.  There are so many good meals that don't involve meat and it would save a bundle to go meatless a couple nights a week! This meal may be a poor example with all the cheese I replaced the meat with! :)

I couldn't think of any great meat-free main dishes that were easily portable and kid-pleasing off hand. So I made something up.  For one pan (I was feeding 2 adults and 2 young kids - any more and I would have made 2 pans):

12 lasagna noodles, cooked
2 jars Prego 3-cheese sauce (or make your own sauce - I was in a bit of a time crunch)
16 ounces (2 tubs) ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheese blend
1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp fresh minced garlic
(meat can be added to the sauce - I really liked it with Italian sausage)

 Stir together ricotta cheese, parm & moz mix, and garlic. Spread on each noodle and roll up.

 Coat bottom of pan with half of the jar of sauce.  If desired, use a sauce with meat in it (I made a 2nd batch for my family and added cooked Italian sausage - it was fabulous!

Place rolls in pan on top of sauce.





Pour remaining sauce on top.  I only needed 1 and a half jars total and used the other half of the 2nd jar for my 2nd pan.  Top with 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.  Bake uncovered 350 for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment