Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Quiche: I love when one meal can also be 2 more...

This is not my recipe - the fabulously delish original is found here.  No need to change a thing, except that instead of cooking bacon I used real bacon bits.  Costco sells a ginormous bag for $11 and I use them in everything!

Since I cannot have dairy I decided to attempt to modify this awhile back.  It turned out fabulous, which I was surprised about! 



Simply replace the milk with rice milk (or whatever it is you use, I use plain rice milk, not flavored).  I omit the cheese. That's it. Awesome. Filling. Perfection.

Since I never single task I made a couple extra quiches in "disposable" (but reusable) pie plates.  Simply freeze and enjoy in about a month when you're ready for 'em again on a busy night.

I also made some mini versions in muffin tins for breakfast tomorrow.  No pie crust (hey, gluten-free, I guess), toss the rest in muffin tins and bake for about 20 mns.  I did a batch for the kiddos and some for me.  Mine will last a couple days, I'll just pop in the microwave for a couple minutes. Protein in the morning!
This is the dairy-free version.  It tastes better than it looks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment