Friday, October 25, 2013

BEST-EVER mini meatloaves

 



This is one of my proudest concoctions because even meatloaf haters have told me they love it! We are big on saving money here, so a meal made with 3 lbs of (93% lean) beef is a splurge.  If we're gonna eat it, it better be good!

As with pretty much everything I make, it certainly doesn't LOOK pretty. So you'll have to judge with your mouth, not your eyes.

Best-ever Mini Meatloaf
3 lbs lean ground beef (it's up to you how lean but since I can't brown it and drain the grease, I like to go as lean as I can afford)
1 box Stove Top Stuffing - chicken flavor
2 eggs
3 cups ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbs chia seeds (optional - I am really into chia seeds at the moment)
 

Mix beef, eggs, chia seeds, and stuffing together in large bowl and shape into large meatballs.  We prefer mini meatloaves over a loaf-pan size because it cooks quickly and evenly, no additional sauce is needed, and the kids always love kid-sized foods!

To make the sauce, stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce until fully blended.  Top each meatloaf generously.

Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.  We serve ours with mashed potatoes and steamed mixed veggies.

Did I mention the best part?  I can actually EAT this.  Although I am dairy-free I can have small amounts of egg, so this is one of the few meals I can eat WITH the family! :)

Uncooked with sauce on top prior to baking.
Cooked finished version

No comments:

Post a Comment