Friday, July 19, 2013

Peach-Apple Fruit Salsa

I created this concoction a few years back for a potluck.  I had nothing in mind to bring and very little on-hand.  Tons of apples on the counter, but they'll turn brown, right?  Tortilla chips in the cupboard but the jar of salsa was almost gone...
Enter: my Peach-Apple Fruit Salsa:
This batch was 3 green apples, 1 red apple, 1 peach, lime juice, and cilantro.  I've used half a mango, nectarine, and pineapple juice before as well.
Wash, core, and cut apples.  Remove peel from most of the slices, but leave a few on for added color!
Dice (I used the Pampered Chef chopper).
Wash and cut peach, no need to peel unless desired.  Dice.
Chop cilantro (small pieces) and add to mix.
Stir in lime juice to coat - I usually use 2 limes but basically don't have too much or it is soupy and too sour.  I have used bottled lime juice as well (when I had no fresh limes).
I dip tortilla chips in it and have put it on my tacos.  Since I am dairy-free this is a great snack and topping.  And for my gluten-free friends I have made this - a filling, tasty snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment